[EN] Focus Mk2 (EU, 2005) quick help

20 years ago

Ask for any help about Ford Focus Mk2 (2005) in English.

This topic is mainly for people who can't speak Russian - you can ask for any help and we will try to help you.
en_ffclub, fast help

ter
17 March 2004

[EN] Focus Mk2 (EU, 2005) quick help
views
members
DallasCZ
6 March 2019

Hello, I am from Czech republic and want to replace the original FF2 steering wheel with the one from Mondeo MK4. Can somebody help me? The guide here is only in Russian and i dont understand much.
I would like to use the board computer, radio and cruise control.
Thank you very much.
---
Привет, я из Чехии и хочу заменить оригинальный руль FF2 на Mondeo MK4. Кто-нибудь может мне помочь? Руководство здесь только на русском языке, и я не очень понимаю.
Я хотел бы использовать бортовой компьютер, радио и круиз-контроль.
Большое спасибо.
MaximA
7 March 2019

D
DallasCZ:

Hello, I am from Czech republic and want to replace the original FF2 steering wheel with the one from Mondeo MK4. Can somebody help me? The guide here is only in Russian and i dont understand much.
I would like to use the board computer, radio and cruise control.
Thank you very much.
---
Привет, я из Чехии и хочу заменить оригинальный руль FF2 на Mondeo MK4. Кто-нибудь может мне помочь? Руководство здесь только на русском языке, и я не очень понимаю.
Я хотел бы использовать бортовой компьютер, радио и круиз-контроль.
Большое спасибо.

Hello, see your mailbox on this forum
jo-ia
4 June 2019

Hello,

I currently have a problem with my Ford focus C-Max, is a 1.8 Duratec He 125PS manual Bj 2005 193700km.What we noticed meanwhile, is that while holding the speed of about 2200rpm the whole car vibrates. It feels like the engine has misfires. As a result, I first renewed all the spark plugs, no improvement. Next bought a new ignition coil and tested on all cylinders. Symptom was still the same. I have got Ford to use IDS, so I read out error codes.P2122..I have new 4x injectors,engine mounts,all suspensjon parts front and real,new tires,oil,fluids,coil,pluggs..I can feel it most when shtifting in to 2th gear..i have manual 5 speed gear box.
btdata71
8 August 2019

Hello.
Need help 😞
When i activated the cruise control in my 2011 mk2.5 1,6 TDCI, with ELMConfig,
for battery saving ( the factory DTRL on in headlight in ignition position) because i switched the light switch to the parking (1)mode .
Now the engine can ONLY OFF in parking light position the light switch.
If i put out the ignition key because the light switch not the parking(1) or light on (2)position the engine not stopped..
If i take out the F110 fuse, the fault is fixed...
I have backup from HEC and GEM but unfortunately making in the parking position in light switch.
What can i do?
Thank You for Help!
ZaQik
22 September 2019

if you have light switch with position AUTO, you must remove fuse F110 and F113
marleopr
20 November 2019mobile

Hello! Sorry for my google translator english, but I'm from Brazil, I have a Focus 2.0 Duratec Flex 2013, (Here in Brazil we consider MK2 but it seems to me that there in Europe is MK2,5 ??)

I installed the steering wheel cruise control, after that I opened the ELM-FF2 and activated the cruise control on the IPC and BCM module, everything happened good.

After that I went to ELMConfig (tried in versions 0.2.17c and 0.2.17b) to do the third step, activate in PCM, then when I try to load the PCM appears:

posted image

If I go to 'configuration' and try to load PCM it looks like this:

posted image

These steps I followed the video:

https://youtu.be/k4UlGCSfR4Y

Remembering that I have a genuine ELM that has the speed required for operation.

I also tried for Forscan extended, the PCM module does not appear to me.

I also have this other program, FoCCCus, but I never used it.

Thanks in advance to friends!
marleopr
17 March 2020

Please, can anyone help me?
ZaQik
19 March 2020

use ELMConfig
1. configuration - read from PCM
2. configuration - check Integrated speed control
3. procedure - page 2 - read firmware from PCM to BIN-file
4. procedure - page 2 - load firmware from file (it was created in step 3)
5. procedure - page 2 - Write current firmware ... configuration will written at the end
marleopr
23 April 2020

ZaQik:

use ELMConfig
1. configuration - read from PCM
2. configuration - check Integrated speed control
3. procedure - page 2 - read firmware from PCM to BIN-file
4. procedure - page 2 - load firmware from file (it was created in step 3)
5. procedure - page 2 - Write current firmware ... configuration will written at the end

These steps don't work for me, as I can't even load the PCM as you can see in the previous post.
ZaQik
25 April 2020

I am sorry.
I see - you have PCM typ ME17.0.2 (fw AM55-12A650-JF). This is speciality for South America. In my opinion ELMConfig does not work with it.
prof112
24 May 2021

Hi,
I have Focus mk 2.5 cabrio and I've got 2 questions:
1 -I got my car with FL mirrors but can't change anything in driver door module to fit powerfold mirrors. After inspecting the module it is very similar to mondeo mk4 module. In elmconfig if you try to use Mondeo/smax mode you can't change options in module only in cc which focus doesn't have. Is there any way to fit powerfold mirrors with puddle lights?
2 - I've foud a yaw rate sensor from cmax mk1 (8m51-3c187-ea) which has written HSA+ on it for hill assist I thnik? When I connet it to car it throws code C2783 and I can't program in elmconfig ESP pump for MPS6:longitudinal acceleration sensor to activate hill hold also when I tick in HEC mps6: hill hold menu it won't show only disables EHPAS menu. Can Hill hold be activated on manual transsmision?
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks in advance.
lord.rafa
8 August 2021

Hello everyone!!!, this my first post in this community so I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as a focus enthusiast.

I am trying to run the ELMConfig using my ODBLlink EX (which is a STN2230) but when I try to connect, I am getting an error message: Incorrect response from adapter to request "ST I": STN2230 v5.6.5.

Checking on the STN devs manual I can see that the ST I cmd returns a string with a device id and a the firmware version, also on the ELMConfig it is specified that several STN ICs are supported but unfortunately no the STN2230.

I suppose that the STN cmdset should be similar between IC versions (or at least retro compatible), hence I suppose that there must be a strcmp that is preventing me from use this adapter... I am wondering if the EMLConfig creator still around this forum and if so, I would like to ask him to modify his app to support this adapter or at least I would like to know if he would be willing to open its code so someone can continue maintaining it... I would be really glad and thankful to providing beta testing and/or modifying the code to expand its functionality.
sarboys
28 November 2021

m_stavros
Hey! how does the car feel?
ptalev
28 November 2021mobile

lightning87
Hi. How i can activate cruise control on focus2 sid803. Help please.
m_stavros
29 November 2021mobile

sarboys
I changed job, i changed county and i had to sell the car.
It was an amazing project. I had so much fun driving it.
Fashion
24 February 2022

Salve, posso attivare la funzione follow me sulla mia focus cmax 2004 mk1?

1 person online

1 person online

up