[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help

4 years

Ask for any help about Ford Focus Mk3 (2011) in English.

This topic is mainly for people who can't speak Russian - you can ask for any help and we will try to help you.

Also check our most popular topic for international visitors: Ford Sync 3 - multimedia and navigation (RU) - it's in Russian but you may use Google Translate to post, it's ok there 🙂
en_ffclub, fast help

ter
28 May 2005

[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help
views
members
technikibart
18 December 2023

Universe:

kuhler
I had done it once in a client`s car:

posted image

Hello,

I did the same thing but I have FCDIM, ACM, ICP from FOCUS from USA. I configured everything correctly in AsBuilt but the problem I have is that everything works but when I turn on the engine so called ignition (start/stop button) the sound from the speakers stops but VoiceControl works.

Have you had a similar problem or do you know where the problem might be? Is the interference on the LIN, Can?
posted imageposted image
technikibart
18 December 2023

Z
zappero38:

Hi all,i am still struggling with my BVC to Sync 3 upgrade
Almost every thing is working but i have a sound issue when ignition or engine is on sound goes off as i put it off sound comes back and when i switch the old ACM sound works correctly but i can’t hear the car’s and people voice talking to me although they do hear me.
I don’t know if it’s a programming or wiring issue?

Hello,

Have you been able to solve this problem?
zappero38
18 December 2023mobile

Hello,yes,i have to pull out the permanent positive wire(yellow one) as i remember from the main connector in the ACM.
I hope it works for you.

I read your message in Forscan forum about the Focus mk3.5 Parking Aid Module,this could not work if your car has earlier BCM before 2013.
technikibart
18 December 2023

@zappero38 thanks for your suggestion but there is no wire of yellow color in ACM for that there is a wire of such color in FCDIM. Are you sure you meant ACM?
FCDIM
posted imageposted image

ACM
posted image
zappero38
18 December 2023mobile

In my case it was a BVC to Sync 3 upgrade,it’s a yellow main colored wire combined with other color witch unfortunately i can’t remember,maybe your issue is rather related to as built programming,if you have replaced the ACM try to upload a similar as built to yours( with the same car options as yours) first.
technikibart
19 December 2023

Will try step by step, to copy the AsBuilt from the previous ACM, the problem is that the ACM from BVC does not convert the sound from sync 1.1 although it is possible to connect. With the ACM from Focus mk3 FL USA, it works fine, the only problem is that the sound stops when the ignition is turned on. I checked the wires as you say, and there is no yellow wire to ACM, there is a yellow wire in APIM but to the microphone and the one that goes to the FCDIM display. Here on the site, I found how one user put out a plug with this color scheme but this yellow wire is ACM power + and the other connected is MS CAN + communication.

1 is + 12 V
2 is pin 14 ( can + )
3 is 15 pin ( can - )
4 is ground
posted image
zappero38
19 December 2023mobile

I have posted the way i did it in both Forscan and Fordownersclub.com forums,i will check out this.
technikibart
19 December 2023

Hi zappero38,

Every tip will be helpful in solving the problem.😊
zappero38
19 December 2023mobile

Look here.
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12532

APM i meant ACM.
technikibart
19 December 2023

Hello zaooer38,

I have good news, I fixed the problem myself, there was a misconfiguration, sure enough for the car that had BT/VC I just had to change the architecture in APIM to CGEA 1.3. By default I had C1MCA set. Everything works on the old ACM as well as the new one(USA).
posted image

Thank you for your participation but there was no need to cut anything. 🙂
zappero38
19 December 2023mobile

Happy for you,with UCDS it’s less complicated to make changes in as built.
Felixtung
24 February

hello,guys,I'm come from China, I have a 2012 Focus MK3 2.0L, recently I want to upgrade the IPC firmware, before that I have completed the PCM upgrade, but I can't find any information about the Chinese IPC version on google and ford‘s server, where else can I download it?Or does anyone have these VBF files, Much appreciated it,here's what I need,
CM5T-14C026-GH
CM5T-14C026-HE
CM5T-14C026-YC
CM5T-14C318-AD
ZaQik
25 February

try forscan 2.4.x (https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23971)
manual: https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=70431#p70431
Felixtung
26 Februarymobile

Thank you for your reply. I have tried forscan, but it seems that you have to use a paid license to download vbf.and The license can only be paid yearly but I only need to use it once, it's not a good deal, if there's no other way, I might consider forscan
zappero38
26 Februarymobile

You can use FoCCCus.
http://ford.xtlt.ru/FoCCCus/FoCCCus_0.8.6.zip
Felixtung
26 February

Z
zappero38:

You can use FoCCCus.

Thank you for your reply, but focccus can only be used to flash VBF files and does not provide download services.
ZeljkoC
26 February

Try to download here: tune-space.com/index.php
Felixtung
27 Februarymobile

ZeljkoC
Thanks for the reply, I've already tried this site too, their download service seems to have crashed, whatever you type and then download, the site will return you an empty zip package

1 person online

1 person online

up