[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help

4 years

Ask for any help about Ford Focus Mk3 (2011) in English.

This topic is mainly for people who can't speak Russian - you can ask for any help and we will try to help you.

Also check our most popular topic for international visitors: Ford Sync 3 - multimedia and navigation (RU) - it's in Russian but you may use Google Translate to post, it's ok there 🙂
en_ffclub, fast help

ter
28 May 2005

[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help
views
members
chleuh2-34
15 January 2023mobile

I'm lost I have no solution
zappero38
15 January 2023mobile

I actually have more than 46 DTC’s in BCM,some of them are related to the LED bulbs but most are due to other issues such as options and features adding without modules internal softwares and calibration levels not being updated,can’t clear them but since the car is running well all is ok i don’t worry about this,i will replace the BCM in coming days and see what happens.
chleuh2-34
15 January 2023mobile

I would replace the bcmii Ford sold me a new bcmii I imagine that there are all the options in this new one but only forscan cannot program it

the only thing I changed in bcmii I deactivated the electric column lock the original is defective and you have to buy a new one
zappero38
15 January 2023mobile

With Forscan you can program a used BCMi,only updating is risky,you can buy one on EBay for much more less than Ford dealer (i payed mine 45€ with shipping) than you need to do PATS with Autel programmer.
Where did you bought the BCMi from? if it comes from a car with the same options you don’t have to change it.
chleuh2-34
15 January 2023mobile

the current bcmii comes from ford kuga all options I tried to program a bcmii with forscan impossible

and I just made a mistake I deactivated the column lock in bcmii it goes back a long time and I thought about it and now I have deactivated the column lock in ipc counter and problem I again have a column lock fault in bcmii
zappero38
15 January 2023mobile

Kuga mk2,Focus mk3 mk3.5 BCMi’s are compatible with C-Max,for the programming you need upload as built from old module or from Ford motorcraft site,how it’s possible to deactivate the column lock from IPC?
This can be done only in BCMi direct configuration,have you replaced it ?
chleuh2-34
15 January 2023mobile

I saw the active electric steering column option in the backup ipc programming
zappero38
16 January 2023mobile

Don't use this method because it generates DTC's,go in BCMi direct configuration,save changes and write to the IPC,it's a gateway module when the BCMi loses communication for some reasons with other modules it takes it's role.
chleuh2-34
16 January 2023mobile

ok so I'm going to have to activate steering column in ipc concerning the bcmii that Ford sold me it's blank I couldn't program it with forscan
zappero38
16 January 2023mobile

Click on BCMi configuration (main) ones in the menu you have to choose engineering mode 2 in the searching space in the upper left side,make changes than write all,this will write to all the modules in the same time.
chleuh2-34
16 January 2023mobile

the column lock problem is resolved, what a relief,
chleuh2-34
16 January 2023mobile

here is the vin number where I picked up my bcmii to mount on my vehicle
WF0WXXGCEWFY06612
zappero38
16 January 2023mobile

The BCMi comes from a 2015 C-Max as you can see
posted imageposted image
chleuh2-34
16 January 2023mobile

and if I put a rfa 19g481 AE
zappero38
17 January 2023mobile

Many people has installed the same BCMi as you in their Focus mk3 and C-Max mk2 (2010-2015) and it worked fine without replacing the RFA to newer one.
The RFA you had in your car is compatible with the new BCMi (only keyless start) you need the same part number module.
chleuh2-34
17 January 2023mobile

ok so bcmii problem I have to find a new electric column lock then I will drop off the vehicle at ford
zappero38
17 January 2023mobile

But how you know if the electric column lock is defective? you should have DTC’s in PSCM when it is the case as i know.
chleuh2-34
17 January 2023mobile

the original took on water I bought a used one but it doesn't work

pscm has nothing to do with electric column lock
zappero38
18 January 2023mobile

The not valid information DTC could be generated by the PSCM when the steering wheel is locked while cranking the car or turning the car on with a valid key.
The electrical steering wheel column lock is connected to BCMi trough LIN (connector 3 pin5 and ESCL relay connector 8 pin2 for positive) need to check out this also,12v in each one when start button is pressed.
chleuh2-34
18 January 2023mobile

the column lock communicates via the bcmi then the abs is no relation between the bcmii and the pscm according to the diagrams

when the column lock is locked faulty you cannot start or switch on the ignition no ignition

I had bought a bcmii starter kit counter key column lock I tried it on my vehicle the column lock worked well it locks it unlocks normally but still fault u0515
zappero38
19 January 2023mobile

The modules communicate through Controller Area Network bus (High Speed as ABS,PCM) (Medium Speed as RFA PDM DDM) other parts such as lights,rain and light sensor,electrical steering wheel lock column are controlled via LIN by the BCMi,the kits for Focus mk3 or C-Max mk2 keyless models sold EBay for exemple are composed often of BCMi,ABS,PCM,RFA IPC,driver doors handle barrel,electrical steering wheel column lock with the 2 keys but only BCMi,ABS,PCM and RFA need to be replaced to start the car since they have the same PATS,you need to test your electrical steering wheel column lock first before replacing it than you have to check the receiver ring in the steering wheel in the right side and finally the 3 antennas if all is ok the car should crank and turn on.
artem.shakun
26 July 2023

Hey guys. Can you help me? I have FF3, 2012. I drive around the city for 30-40 minutes, everything works fine. I stand at a traffic light and when I start to ruin, it picks up speed but does not go. I take my foot off the gas pedal, press the gas again, and it goes. After that, no problem. There are no jerks, no errors. Mileage 110t.
sandi13331
30 July 2023

hello and help

i tried to update abs system in my car

ABS - Antilock braking system
Part number: BV61-2C405-AG
Calibration level: BV61-2C405-AG (latest known: BV61-2C405-AL)
Strategy : BV61-14C036-AJ

and i flashed the wrong file BV61-14C036-AG.vbf

Now i cannot start the car i have immobilizer issue

i tried to flash with BV61-14C036-AM but i cant i keep getting errors flashing

is there a way to fix it? i have elm with ch340 chip (not J2534 Passthru or FTDI adapter)

can i get link to the right file and some help flashing it again?
PRP
2 August 2023

I think only UCDS cable and correct files will help you. UCDS has an option to flash a dead module. With this ELM you can only read and clear errors, reprogramming is dangerous. Good luck!
pbschmitz
27 September 2023

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to get the dynamic guidelines working on the rearview camera? Do I need to change some parameters in the AS-Built of the BCMii? I have a 2014 Focus with Sync3.

Any help will be much apreciated!
PRP
28 September 2023

What rear camera is fitted, factory? A little more information you will have to share.
technikibart
5 December 2023

Hello,

I have a few questions, the display for my FCDIM (MFD5) is breaking down and I don't want to replace it as I don't use the navigation anyway.
I have a 2011 model which is with BT/VC but have decided to replace it with a sync 1 from a 2015 F1ET which I have partially completed.
I need to select the correct APIM for this and the type of wires I need to buy to connect this to the APIM and the rest of the components. ( now I know that it can be any D1BT-14D212-XX)
Will the wiring description be the same for sync 1 as described above for sync3?
Have any of you done this modification before?
Does anyone have a diagram for sync 1 with colour screen for ford focus mk3 FL?
Does it need to replace the whole harness or is it enough to rework the old wires?
posted image
technikibart
5 December 2023

цитата:
I had done it once in a client`s car:

Hello,

Do you have a diagram of how you made it?
ZaQik
10 December 2023

Will the wiring description be the same for sync 1 as described above for sync3?
no, see to https://www.ford-focus.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?p=...1163911 point 3

Have any of you done this modification before?
yes, many times

Does anyone have a diagram for sync 1 with colour screen for ford focus mk3 FL?
http://navody.ford-focus.cz/Ford_Focus_manualy/..._de.zip

Does it need to replace the whole harness or is it enough to rework the old wires?
the reworking is enough
technikibart
18 December 2023

I set up a sync 1.1 from ford focus mk3 FL on a 2011 model with a novero module.
The only problem I have is that all the sound works without turning on the engine, after pressing the button (START/STOP)the sound stops working. The modules are configured correctly, I don't know if there is some interference on CAN or LIN.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Я установил sync 1.1 от ford focus mk3 FL на модель 2011 года с модулем novero.
Единственная проблема заключается в том, что все звуки работают без работающего двигателя, после нажатия кнопки (START/STOP) звук перестает работать. Модули настроены правильно, я не знаю, есть ли какие-либо помехи по CAN или LIN.

Кто-нибудь сталкивался с подобной проблемой?
posted image

1 person online

1 person online

up